Monday, June 9, 2008

Welcoming the New Semester:)

Soon, the new semester will open and I certainly hope to meet enthusiastic undergraduates who are determined to succeed academically as well as socially, emotionally and spiritually. Theory and experience has taught us a great deal about interpersonal and intrapersonal strength in coping with challenges in the university. Let's pray that you take heed to this and muster more courage in your struggle for excellence in tertiary education.

Easier said than done? But things always have to start with something, somewhere, so let it begin with my kind reminder cum advice.

I guess I'll be teaching public speaking this time around, but there's no confirmation yet. If so, I'd be more than excited. Really, I just can't wait to groom more public speakers, scout talents for UNITEN EDSoc.'s debate team, and witness a whole class of future leaders speaking up their minds on issues and matters of importance and grievance, planning for their immediate future as well as the nation, deliberating ideas, and debunking invalid arguments. Let's just say that I anticipate a class of active and enthusiastic learners wanting to polish their public speaking skills, and not to forget, budding talents who are grasping with theory and interested in further practice on the public speaking challenge.

If you are a writer, not yet a speaker, you are also most welcomed to join the circle. I believe that speaking and writing are so beautifully connected. The only difference lies in how much guts you need to speak your mind. Seriously! But if you don't care about guts, face, and pride, and your only concern is passing the course with flying colours - then public speaking course will turn the writer in you into a fantabuluos public speaker. Just remember to talk a lot outside class, guess that's a handy kit:)

You may want to visit this link and read my simple article on the speaking-writing connection. hopefully, this piece of mind will motivate you a bit more...

<http://ezinearticles.com/?Public-Speaking-Challenge-And-The-Writing-Connection&id=1137252>.

Looking forward to seeing all of you again in the real classroom, and the speaking community.

8 comments:

Ana said...

Asm, kak zue, its me, ana from COIT. Emmm, Its took about 6 months before I got my "confidence" to write. Before this, I'm the loyal reader to this blog, and yeah, everytime I want to write, I will always asked myself, can I write?...
Can I join your public speaking class? Now I feel like a little bit tense because I have to grab so many things at one time, my study, writing, reading, presentation, etc. But at the same time I got so many lesson. "ana, don't give up, don't think too much, a long journey starts with a single step..."
And now, with a little cup of confidence, I want to join this community.
Please accept my existence.
Thank you for opening this opportunity to me to build up my writing skills.
See you...bye

Dr. Zue said...

Hi ana,
I always tell my students...well, it's always better late than never...and I hope they learn to appreciate it. Congratulations..for making this debut after 6 months:) The community welcomes you, and we'd like to hear your comments on any of the thoughts captured on this blog. And yes, we shall meet in my Public Speaking class (that's if the timetable doesn't change...u know). Jez check the portal, yeah.

Anonymous said...

new semester..new friends..new lecturers..1st day in your class, i can see your energy is overwhelming..the way you speak, i like it..so interesting..keep it up mdm zue...

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum dear pn. zue

im your student..
your already know my name. act, i love to be in your class. it is so interesting to be there. im so thankful to god to have u as my lect. but my problem is i have nervous feeling damn much. i love to try talk in front of class but nervous make me shy and fear to talk in front. sometimes ideas come out in my head. but after start to walk in front, all the idea was run away. thats why till now i can't speak fluently and softly like other. can u help me since we still in this sem. i afraid if can't meet each other like now after this.

cesc_fab4 said...

Salam Madam Zue,,,
Entering a new world of studies,need a lot of courage.This is because the surroundings had changed a lot from the previous time.First day in ur class,i was very amazed by the way u talk and the way u encourage us to speak and sharing our ideas in public.I'll looking forward to enhance and polish my public speaking skills during my studies (:

RAMESH said...

hi mam...me ramesh...after i read it..i fil better 2 join tis new semester..which more comfortable for me..itz juz nice wif nwe subjects..wif new lecturer..reali enjoy it...i was very amazed by the way u talk and the way u encourage us to speak and sharing our ideas in public...2day aso mam motivated us alot..but i hope v al wil take mams advice n become a gud public speaker in future...i hope tis new semester wil give us alot of lesson..which useful 4 our life...thx mdm.zue who always wif us...wif mams support i hope v wil do our best in this semester wif mam...tats al...thx mam...tc....

Raizo said...

It's been awhile since semester 1 and now semester 2 came to bring new experience and information for me.The last semester maybe easy for me because i just have to write and no need to speak up in front of the people.Speak in front of the people need courage that i'm slowly gained by practice that been held in class by pn.zue.i hope my english speaking become better when i'm under you pn.zue.i will work hard to enhance my english speaking.

si biri-biri said...

Welcome the new semester!!!
For your information mam, almost all of us dislike our next timetable. It was so pack and the terrible is at Friday, we have class... oh MG. That’s mean i will stay at Imu for almost the three month during the trisem three... i can back to my hometown if there are any holidays only.oh nooo.... i will miss my family, all my kitten, “fishy” and my tortoise so much. Mummy.... help your daughter please.. and now, all of us hope that the timetable will change and there will be NO CLASSES at FRIDAY.