Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Life is a bed of carnations

Have you heard that I was down with dengue fever recently? May be or may be not...let's just say it's a terrible experience! My two children were also warded at the same hospital, together with my husband who was in ICU (post surgery) ...hmmm..can you almost believe this traumatic journey in my simple life? Haaah:) I'm just so glad it's nearly over, and we are all recovering in one way or another.

Now...I have always loved tulips ( dreaming for a holiday in the Netherlands). Nevertheless, when I was at the hospital, I noticed that visitors would come with roses and carnations...never tulips, yeah... But, why roses? Haven't we heard that 'life is not a bed of roses....'? So, i thought carnations would better represent our well wishes at times like this. I browsed the net, at least the Wikipedia and I nearly couldn't believe my hunch...yupp:) A Carnation is definitely a special flower expressing love, fascination, gratitude and distinction. It's especially worn on Mothers' day and at weddings.

To quote the Wikipedia: "It is the national flower of Spain, and the provincial flower of the autonomous community of the Balearic Islands. It is also the symbol of the Portuguese Carnation Revolution. The state flower of Ohio is a scarlet carnation." etc.etc.

The thing is...when you are sick, you'd want people around to care for you. So, many thanks to all our caring and loving doctors and nurses at KPJ Shah Alam. Can't imagine how we'd face the challenge without your kind support. Also, I wish to extend my gratitude to all my friends from IKAL and MURNI/ ILMU who have visited as well as prayed for me. Your moral support has given me ultimate strength to quickly recover and enjoy life as always. I would also like to express my gratitude to all my husband's friends who have come from near and far. Thanks to all the caring teachers from SK Purajaya Presint 16(2) for your kind prayers and concern for my daughter, Nadia. Not to forget, special thanks to my lovely students who could still find some precious time to visit my husband and i, despite the exams...God bless you all.

To all of you, I'd like to pray may your life be filled with happiness and love. Let's all be inspired and showered with petals of carnation, a symbolism of love, gratitude and distinction. Ameeeeeeeen.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sungguh tragis... I hope U and Ur Hubby get well soon and the children too...

Qila Azali said...

im sorry pn zue.. nobody told me that u're warded.. glad to hear that u're recovering.. may Allah bless u and ur family with great health.. (:

sarah said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your mishap. And I'm sorry for not paying you a visit. I would have brought tulips if I had known.

I hope your family and you are on speedy recovery and will be in the best of health soon.

As for the flowers, I think most people often opt for safe net. Conformity to the norm will usually safeguard oneself. :)

Rifdy Samsudin said...

Talking about "sudah jatuh ditimpa tangga." I hope that you are felling better. I did'nt know that you were ill untill I visited your office recently and found out you had dengue by one of your neighbours (in ikal). I had dengue too, a few days before the 2009 new year. It was an absolute torture. I had to admit that I was scared for my life. After the doc told me that i would be alright, I actually embraced the fact that i can finally get some rest:) since foundation students don't get any breaks. Don't get me wrong, i did'nt enjoy the period of sickness, but still Allah s.w.t. has many ways to make us realize the many benefits that can arise on our time of trial and patience. I hope that you and your family are well and i hope to see you soon.

Aliya Shereen said...

i hope ur husband n children will recover soon Pn. Zu so dat u all can have healthy n njoyful family time again! ;)

sarah said...

Dearest Puan Zue,
How are you doing? This space has been awfully quiet for sometime. Hope you're doing okay. :) Busy spending quality time with your lovely kids this school holiday?

Anyway, I'm sure you're pretty aware of the current issue regarding the usage of English language in schools which have cause heated debates. And just recently, rumour has it that the government may make it compulsory for students to pass in English in order to obtain their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia. What is your take on that? Hope to hear your view on this. :)

Saatesh Kumar said...

sorry 2 hear that......
but, u're recovered now.....so live a healthy life...... n im happy for u pn. zue...

ng sze wei said...

Actually, life is like a bed of roses. Set with thorns and all. ehhehehehehe. But, it is good to hear that you are now recovering from dengue. It must be very hard on you and your family. Precautions is a must these days with the upcoming crisis of H1N1 and dengue. Mosquito coil is usefull sometimes. Unless for a person who have asthma. There is also an electric type. But we really have to avoid these dangerous diseases.
Hari Raya Haji is coming. You must have plans to celebrate it with your family during this holidays. Selamat Hari Raya Haji. Guess thats all from me.

fauzia said...

Assalamualaikum mdm Zue.First of all,'syukur Alhamdulillah' for you and your families recovery from the dengue fever.I'm sure that you would not forget that experience and the suffer that you and your family go through out those days.hmmm....life is a bed of carnations....that is an interesting title....and..it is only now that I know that carnations is the flower that is used to express love,fascination,gratitude and distinction as what you posted in your blog.I tried google search for carnations..and i found out that the rough meaning of the scientific name of the carnation is flower of love.hmmm..surprising...anyway...it is really nice to have people around you when you are sick...All of their love and care is the real medicine actually rather than the prescription that the doctors give you..the love and the care from the others is what one needs at all times to always give the new spirit and strenght to live the life...oopss...sorry..a little...too much over there..I think...hehehe...miss you mdm..^_^Waiting for your arrival from carry island...salam....

Aisyatul<3 said...

I was so surprised when i read this entry of yours Pn Zue. I would not know if i didn't read this. You looked so energetic each and everytime you enters our class. Full with enthusiasm, as if all of this tough times never happened. I admire that strong attitude of yours which i think all women should have as their inner strength. It inspires me to become a strong person myself:)

majeed said...

Dear ma'am:
Al salmu alikum;
We have used to hear about your insisting and facing for life difficulties. It is not new to know puan zue has passed that. Life has many meanings such love, fascination, gratitude. In contrast it has hate, grudge, hatred and envy.
In fact, it is our responsibility to turn out our live from black side to white; from thistle to flower. All of these beautiful things need our efforts to be achieved and live an amazing life.
Finally, life is a bed of carnations and more than it. With our strength, faithful and insistence we will move in our life and make it more delightful.