Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Teachers' Day

May and June are remarkably significant months for most of us. In May, we celebrate Mothers' Day as well as Teachers' Day. And of course, June brings more joy in the family with Fathers' Day celebration.

Like Mothers' Day, Teachers' Day is special in every way. Teachers complete our pursuit of education. Some of us start learning at home, definitely, with moms and dads reading us bedtime stories, playing alphabet games and spending time in the evenings watching fun and learning videos like Barney, Sesame Street and Teletubbies. Nowadays, children switch on to Astro Channels like Playhouse Disney, Nickalodean and Discovery Channel. But we still depend on schools to equip us with the necessary knowledge and skills embedded within the standard education system.

Teachers at tertiary institutions are referred to as lecturers. Nevertheless, they play the same role, to nurture the future generation for a brilliant and successful future. Perhaps their role becomes more challenging as well as instrumental to our lives because they assist their students to compete in the employability challenge. With some exposure to innovation, creativity, and competitive nature, their students become more resilient as well as competitive to decide on a bright future.

As for me, my mom is my first teacher. Since I didn't go to preschool, my mom was the 'teacher' at home equipping me with all the knowledge and skills necessary to survive in Primary One. She did an excellent job because I was placed in the best class at Methodist Girls' Primary School (2), and later got 2nd place in the final year exam. She had always wanted to be a teacher herself. Since she didn't have the opportunity to realize her dreams, I was determined to make it a reality for her. Now, I am a teacher/ lecturer at Universiti Tenaga Nasional. I know my mom will be the happiest person on earth to see me finally teaching, nurturing and shaping the nation's pride. My mom has passed away, but you can see that her dreams lives in me.

I went to a Science college, so it's only natural that most of my friends are now successful doctors, engineers, architects, managers, and entrepeneurs. I have chosen the teaching profession for some personal reasons close to my heart. And I'm so glad and thankful that I am a teacher. Life is always rejuvenating and exciting as a teacher; it's never boring. Every day is like a new day, and I can also learn a lot from my students. The teaching career may not be a lucrative choice, but it is an extraordinary world that I cherish till eternity.

Like me, many teachers feel the love and passion for this teaching career. Teachers' day may come once in a year. Yet, if we live for it's pride, aspiration, and honourable vision, teaching will keep us lively every second...hey..this is just what we need in this modern world. Teaching always makes me feel young at heart, and keeps me youthful as well:) ehemmmm....


Yours Truly,

A Teacher

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated teacher's day, Pn.Zue! :)

abdul hadi said...

happy teacher's day madam! sorry i'm late.. hehhhe
- hadi astena

Anonymous said...

When teacher's day celebrated every year, it will remind me to school days...guess what??
now I realize that school days giv me a lot of sweet memories and that was the first stage for me as student to grab as many opportunity as I can ,to know people well or even to know the world well as the perspective of humble student..
as I've been go through the kindergarten world just for a year,coz my mom notice that they(kindergarten teachers) will repeat the same material year by year(she knew her daughter easily get bored with something repeated),I'm also been teaching the basic by mom before I attend the kindergarten, therefore she become my 1st teacher..
While in primary school my timetable was so pack, and when I'm in hostel, my timetable still pack but I get another type of tension..that is from warden....haha...I hate them so much...But today, since they are no longer my warden, I realize that they are only human like us and nobody's perfect...
I would like to wish happy teachers day, even though ...It's not too late rite??
Thankz 4 everything pn.Zue....

Anonymous said...

hiii!!
Pn Zue!!
I miss u!
Happy Teacher Day!

Dr. Zue said...

Especially for Sneha, Hadi, Cena and doshite desuka?,a great thanks for your warm wishes. My life has been magnificent, and forever shall be, with talented and aspiring undergraduates like you. Take care and all the very best in your future undertakings, yeah...luv, Pn Zue:)

Anonymous said...

It is such an admirable move to have materialised your mum's dream. You've been a great teacher who has always taught me to appreciate the beauty of life. I'm glad I enrolled for your class and to have you as my educator. :)

Happy Belated Teacher's Day. Sorry again for the super-late wish. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Pn. Zue! Hah! Today I totally got internet access since my pc at home send to shop for repair. By the way..Sorry for not long dropping comment here..Anyway happy belated Teacher's Day!..Huhu..I'm sorry I don't have anything to give to you just hopping my wish will make you happy.Here some lyrics I take from my favorite song just for you:

"Gratefully Disappeared"
Have you disappeared
With all of life shining upon you?
Into the brightness of today

You encircle me room to room
Partaking of your grace

My heart is in trepidation
For a have a bit of fear
Though I am filled with love for your presence

You teach me like a superior person
Walking around
Showing me your superior capabilities

I love you
For you are my teacher
You have taught me much
In the small presence of a millisecond
Much more than a world of physical knowledge

I had the opportunity to lightly caress you
And for that I am a billion times grateful
For that,
I am a billion times grateful...

Dr. Zue said...

To Sarah and Remy,
Thanks a zillion for such heartfelt and wonderful wishes. I really appreciate your kindest thots. Luv alwiz:) Pn Zue

Fazlin said...

teacher..1 of most important person in human life.without them there is no great human such as albert einstein and our ex prime minister Tun Mahathir Mohamad.Absoluted teach lesson.without the knowledge human cannot succes in life.life become more adventure when we know something and try to apply to the situation.

Tom Riderss said...

First of all... Happy belated teacher's day to my lovely lecterer also considered my teacher of course... and also not forgotten to all my primary and secondary school's teachers...
Let me share some of my experiance...
teachers day... it is a very wonderful day actually... where the teachers get the gratitude by their students. And as we all know... among the way to show our appreciation is by giving some gifts...
It remind me about my school event when i was in secondary school.
on the teachers day... so many activities that had been held and organized for both students and teachers... it was a happy day for us... laughing... and hav some fun togather... the funny thing is... at the time, there was an activity that all teachers must compete with each other. im not really sure the name in english but it is "lompat guni" in malay... hahaah...
when i saw them, it was really funny to see some of the old teachers hav to jump and jump and jump untill the end... so pity at them actually...
well, actually... students and teachers can create a good bond of relationship between them on the day... not only that... on the day... is the day that students can show their love to their teachers and appreciate them...
this is what the meaning of real teachers day...i guess...
a day full of happiness full of laughing and smile and just have some fun togather...
me too enjoy at the day...
and i bought so many present for my lovely teachers that support me alot... i know... without a teacher... we are nothing...
we need a teacher... to teach us... about everything... because... they are more older... wiser and have many experiance with them compared to us...
i think.... UNITEN also should do some activities so that both lecterers and students can interact with each other and know each other better... Lastly...
TEACHERS! GUIDE US! so that we are able to walk on the correct journey of life... ;)

Muhamad Fazlin said...

"May and June" are 2 special month..as we all know in May are the teachers day and Mother's Day.In June we celebrate Father's Day.

May n June we celebrate 3 important people in our life.Mother,Father and Teacher.Without them,who are we.For me,its gonna be my mom my first teacher.She teach me a lot of things when i was a child.They love me with all their heart to make sure they have a good and responsible child in the future.

Let me share u about the "Teachers Day".Every year we would celebrate teachers day on the 16 May.The date are very special because the student can show the appreciation to the teachers.They teach us without any doubt.They share all the knowledge that they know and hoping their student can be someone who can manage the knowledge very well in the future.Without the knowledge there is no light that bright the world.

For me in May there are a lot of special day..7.5 would be my birthday. 16.5 my brother's birthday and also the teachers day.In that month also we celebrate Mothers day.Its gonna be great month in that year.

"A teacher is like Summer,
Whose sunny temperament
Makes studying a pleasure,
Preventing discontent."

Thanks teachers <3 :)

si biri-biri said...

Salam madam zue..
Last year, while my free time before study at UNITEN, i have been a teacher. huhuhu... actually, there was a teacher that are in holiday for two month. My sister is one of the teachers there. So, the manager ask me to be a part-time teacher. When i ask my mum, she say, just go la. And they pay me RM10 for a day. And at Teacher’s Day, my student gave me a lot of present. I felt so happy and i think that they appreciate me so much. And when the two months go, i have to stop teaching there. So sad.  but, everyday, i will go to the school to see my student. Actually, i have send my sister to the school.  and the school is a kindergarten. And i love it so much.